Saturday, March 23, 2013

March of Dimes

The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.

I am gaining an increasing understanding of just how many parents 
have to deal with the grief of a lost child.

My mother worked with premature babies. 
I remember her telling us about babies that fit in the palm of her hand.

I have also met many wonderful people who were born with defects 
and it is only due to the wonders of modern medicine 
that I was able to meet them in the first place.

This year, my sister is walking for the cause.

She has dedicated her walk to her best friend's son who was born 8 weeks premature.


If you want to donate to help her reach her goal, you can view her page here:

No comments:

Post a Comment