Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Woah, I'm Twenty?

Yepp. Last Saturday was my birthday. In honor of leaving my teenage years behind, I thought I would do some reflecting on the top twenty things I have learned so far in life.
  1. Nothing ever comes before family.
  2. God is my Heavenly Father; therefore, He comes before all else. 
  3. As a daughter of God, I have divine worth that cannot be diminished by anyone.
  4. It is okay to be different. (Especially when being silly.)  =P
  5. We all have a story to tell.
  6. Listening is often better than speaking.
  7. "Life is meant to be enjoyed, not merely endured." -Gordon B. Hinkley
  8.  Satisfaction in life comes from mindset.
  9. Joy in life comes through obedience.
  10. Understanding comes after obedience.
  11. I obey out of love and respect for my Savior.
  12. God does not work through fear.
  13. Serving others can bring a smile even in the hardest times.
  14. It is just as important to let others serve me as it is for me to serve others.
  15. The Atonement is all about fixing what we can't.
  16. Forgiving others allows me to heal and find peace.
  17. The power of the priesthood blesses lives.
  18. The Book of Mormon truly testifies of Christ.
  19. Truth is not relative. Truth is truth.
  20. In the Church of Christ, we cannot pick and choose what to believe and obey.
If you made it to the end, I commend you and would like to ask a question. Leave a comment with your answer. =)

What is at least one thing you have learned in life?

4 comments:

  1. if you follow God's Commandments and put trust in Him and His council, anything is possible and you can accomplish any Dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree! "The only thing to fear is fear itself."

      Delete
  2. Through Jesus Christ and Heavenly fathers's council you'll find joy in the simplest things, the things that don't cost a dime are the things that will make you the happiest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivan, have you seen the Mormon Message "Things That Matter Most?"

      Delete