Sunday, May 13, 2012

Welcome!!!!

So, if you have read the column titled "About Me" then you know a bit about why I created this blog and where the name came from. For those of you who haven't read it and don't feel like looking across the screen, I will reiterate and expound.

The Wind is Blowing

The name is derived from a quote by a man I very much admired growing up, Gordon B. Hinkley. Among the plethora of wonderful sayings he left behind is one stating this: 
"I am the last leaf on the tree and the wind is blowing." 

I don't know about all of you, but there are definitely times where I feel just like that. As if I am using all my might to just barely keep holding on, as everything else is changing and crumbling around me. Some weeks I can find myself sitting in my room staring at the wall. I find myself stressed and in tears even though nothing horrible has happened. I know that I'm not the only one with hardships. I think it's safe to say that we have all felt the wind blowing at some point.

However, the wind cannot blow indefinitely. No matter how long and hard the storm rages, it will cease. It doesn't always cease when we want, but all who stay strong are promised a time where "they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow."

Mission Statement

My mission statement for this blog is as follows:
Through providing uplifting personal stories, quotes, expositions, and original poetry, "The Wind Is Blowing" will attempt to facilitate the spiritual, emotional and compassionate growth of others so they might have hope and strength, even when "the wind is blowing" and then in turn become a strength to others.
 I had the idea for this blog months upon months ago, and I have finally gotten it up and running. (Well, kinda.) I hope that this can be a place where you can find strength in times of weakness, light in times of darkness, and hope in time of confusion.

2 comments:

  1. Little Tay-Tay has a big heart. I clicked over from Facebook to see the artwork on your face in a larger picture, and found thoughts so well-expressed I realize my daughter's childhood friend shares a kindred spirit. A larger picture on these pages indeed. -- Cherie Johnston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It's been a while. How has life been for you?

      Delete