Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Hope They Call Me On a Mission...

Night after night, when my older sister, Amy, would tuck me in to bed at night, I would ask for that same song. Every night.


When I was 10, I started saving up for a mission. By the time I was 13, I had $500 saved up. Then, I decided that a mission probably wasn't in my future because, knowing myself, I wanted to get married instead of serving a mission at 21 years old.

So, I just decided that my life was my mission. I would work every day to make at least one person's day better and brighter through letting the light of Christ shine through me.

Then, last October, the age for sister missionaries was reduced to 19 years old. I was extremely excited, but still felt it wasn't right for me.

About a month ago, something changed. Suddenly, it just seemed so right. Everything fell into place.

And now, it's coming true! I have just submitted my papers to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I just have one interview left before my papers are sent to Salt Lake City where I will be assigned an area in which to serve. For a year and a half, I will put everything aside to serve the Lord, my God.

Stay tuned to see where I get called to serve!*














Yeah, life is good. =)











*Feel free to comment with guesses about where you think/want me to go. Winner gets a prize.

3 comments:

  1. Zimbabwe.

    Ok, it was the first place that came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, or Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, for anyone reading this post and wondering where I was called to, I will be serving in the Montana Billings mission. This mission covers almost the entire state of Montana and part of Wyoming and North Dakota. I will be speaking English and report on July 24th.

    ReplyDelete