Sunday, April 14, 2013

Words of Pride

My soul sorrows within me now
From the mem'ry of my sins;
If I truly loved my Savior,
Would I mock my brother's faults?

I put my worth above his own
Through unkind words, a petty vice,
But truly just abased myself;
True virtue need not prove it's there.

Oh, Lord, my God, forgive me as
I covenant anew with thee,
Partaking of your flesh and blood,
Allowing you to make me clean.

Deciding now to be your hands
To lift my brother from the dust.
Bury all my pride and folly;
Consecrate my time and heart.

As your disciple, teach me how
To be a city on a hill.
I need your help, please let me see
The worth of others unto thee.

4 comments:

  1. This poem brought me to tears. Tay...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivan. I appreciate the comment. It's always nice to know that my words reach someone. =)

      Delete
    2. It's always comforting to know that there are people like you that don't hold back such talents or their gifts from others.

      Delete