Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dear Child

 How much the world’s toils do hold thy mind,
And body captive to their will and then,
Do leave a sense of emptiness behind.
You’re words to me as well: the same again.

They give you naught to feel till you confess
To me. Forgo self-swindling. Dear child,
Every burden to thy numb soul, express.
Please tell me all your raging wars so wild.

Please let me in. Oh hear my voice and know
If you but step into the dark and try
To faithfully follow the path I show,
I’ll be with thee till from you, darkness shy.

Please chose my path, with faith my words are true.
My yoke is light. Drink from my living well.
Thine eyes now dull, bright flame it will renew,
As you remove that dark worldly bushel.

My child, to you this gift I give:
That ye might chose my path and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment