Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sonnet Sunday: Dancing Lilies

So, it's not quite a sonnet, but it is Sunday!

Here in Utah, the snow is beginning to melt. Yesterday, the sun was shining and it was almost 50 degrees!! It was the first day in a long time that I could grab my guitar and just sit outside playing. I even needed to take my sweater off after a while! =D

So, as a tribute to spring, here is an original poem written my senior year of high school.

Dancing Lilies

The dancing lilies seem to ask,
"Didst thou forget the silent breeze,
The fragrant soil, the whisp'ring trees
That thy father made for thee?"
I answer, "Only for a time."
To this the lilies do implore
That I will come and visit more;
For in their presence I will find
The most delightful peace of mind.
Dancing Lilies!
Photo is not mine. For information about it, visit the photographer's page.

No comments:

Post a Comment