Sunday, September 9, 2012

That Bitter Cup


Lord, I've begun to stall in life
Through blind focus on my own strife.
But what of Christ? Gethsemane?
He bled and cried in prayer for me.

Remembering that bitter cup
And how he said, "I'll drink it up,"
Sober streams from my eyes.
Truth in His words. I realize

He suffered not for sin alone
Though did for all the world atone.
How great His love; He bore my pain
So that he might erase all stain.

Always there's Him to show me care
When neighb'ring men are unaware.
He stands etern'ly at my door.
''Oh, let me in,'' He doth implore.

''Each drop I shed, I gave you grace,
More than the tears upon your face.
I feel each strain upon your back.
Giving you strength when ye lack.''

He whispers peace to my heart
For all to me He doth impart,
I turn my face up to the sun
And praise the Lord, the Holy One.

No comments:

Post a Comment